In the natural, most of us take measures to protect our homes and families. We lock our doors or use security systems. But, what about spiritually protecting our homes?
Through the blood of Jesus and Psalm 91, you are promised protection from every danger—sickness, disease, assault, crime, tornadoes, fire and any other threat to your safety and well-being. But God’s protection is not automatic. There are things you have to do in order for God to be your refuge.
One way to appropriate your faith for supernatural protection is to anoint your home with oil. Oil represents the power of the Holy Spirit and is a symbol of faith in God’s ability to cleanse and make holy. It is an act of consecrating your home to Him.
All you need is some oil (olive, sesame, canola, etc.) and a Bible. You can also find anointing oil at your local Christian bookstore, which is typically infused with myrrh, cassia and other essential oils. However, no special oil is required as it is simply a way for believers to release their faith in the finished work of Christ. When you pray over or consecrate the oil, it is set apart and becomes anointing oil.
After you have prayed over the oil, follow these steps:
- Remove anything with evil roots from your home. This can be books, movies, clothing with certain pictures or symbols, or objects that have a connection to wrong spirits.
- Pray aloud in every room. Invite the Holy Spirit to fill every inch of your home. Pray that only His will be done and that everything that is said and done in your home will be pleasing to Him. This is a way of consecrating, or dedicating, your home to Him.
- Rebuke the power of darkness and any attempt of the enemy against your home or family.
- Plead the blood of Jesus over each room and your family. There is great power in the blood of the Lamb!
- As you do these things, place oil on the frame of every door in your home. Do this by faith, believing and receiving God’s supernatural protection over your home and family.
“And the yoke will be destroyed because of the anointing oil.” –Isaiah 10:27, NKJV
As always, if you need a partner to agree with you in prayer, please call our prayer ministers at 0860 10 33 56 or submit a prayer request. Any day of the year, we’re here for you!