We are BLESSED. The Bible is chock-full of verses saying just that. Jesus paid the price for everything we could ever need or desire now and for eternity. Yet, so many Christians are crying out to God and acting like He hasn’t already provided for them.
Instead of begging God to BLESS us, what we ought to be doing is developing our faith in what He has already done for us. We should be meditating on what the Bible says about who we are and THE BLESSING that is on us, so that we become aware of it all the time.
We should be thinking about it every day, putting it on 3-by-5-inch cards on the refrigerator and on our bathroom mirrors to remind ourselves of it, and constantly saying to ourselves: “I am as BLESSED as Adam was before the Fall. I am as BLESSED as Abraham was. I am as BLESSED as Jesus is. I am BLESSED!”
When you catch a revelation of what THE BLESSING has done and is doing for you, your life will never be the same. Allow the Word of God to convert your thinking, fuel your faith, and accomplish God’s will for your life. Failure is not an option! Set yourself on the path to guaranteed success today with these 10 scriptures about the power of THE BLESSING in every area of your life!
1. “BLESSED be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has BLESSED us [past tense!]with every spiritual BLESSING in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love.” –Ephesians 1:3-4 (NKJV)
2. “Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, ‘Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree’), that THE BLESSING of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.” –Galatians 3:13-14 (NKJV)
3. “Then God BLESSED them, and God said to them, ‘Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.’” –Genesis 1:28 (NKJV)
4. “For You, O Lord, will BLESS the righteous; with favor You will surround him as with a shield.” –Psalm 5:12 (NKJV)
5. “For whatever is born of God [THE BLESSING] overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.” –1 John 5:4 (NKJV)
6. “Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise[of THE BLESSING] might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all.” –Romans 4:16 (NKJV)
7. “Now it shall come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the Lord your God will set you high above all nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the Lord your God:
‘BLESSED shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country.
‘BLESSED shall be the fruit of your body, the produce of your ground and the increase of your herds, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks.
‘BLESSED shall be your basket and your kneading bowl.
‘BLESSED shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.
‘The Lord will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before your face; they shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways.
‘The Lord will command THE BLESSING on you in your storehouses and in all to which you set your hand, and He will BLESS you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you.’” –Deuteronomy 28:1-8
8. “Then God said, ‘Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.’ So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. Then God BLESSED them and said, ‘Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it. Reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the animals that scurry along the ground.’”—Genesis 1:26-28
9. “THE BLESSING of the Lord makes one rich, and He adds no sorrow with it.” –Proverbs 10:22
10. “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from destruction,
who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” –Psalm 103:2-5
We are BLESSED! It’s time we, as believers, started acting as if those verses are true. It’s time we stopped going before the Lord in prayer saying, “Oh God, please BLESS me!” That is an absolute waste of breath because we are already BLESSED. We are as BLESSED as we can possibly be.
Set aside some time to meditate on these verses, even if it’s just a few minutes a day. Obey Jesus. Think about the ravens and how God feeds them. Think about how much more you mean to your Father than the birds. Kick out the thoughts of how little you’re worth. Jesus loves you and gave Himself for you (Galatians 2:20). Fix that in your heart and mind. Don’t put it off! Do it now.
Talk about it to yourself. Then reach out to someone. Do something to BLESS someone. Let the truth about the power of THE BLESSING become more real to you than anything else in your life!
Watch as Kenneth Copeland teaches how God’s Word mixed with faith will bring THE BLESSING alive in your life.
As always, if you need a partner to agree with you in prayer, please call our prayer ministers at 0860 10 33 56 or submit a prayer request. Any day of the year, we’re here for you!