You’ve heard the news: Jesus heals. But can it really be that simple? Can Jesus really heal your illnesses? And while maybe He can take care of a runny nose, can He really heal those big diseases—heart disease, Alzheimer’s, multiple sclerosis and the Big “C”—cancer?
To answer those questions, you have to return to God’s Book, the Bible. It’s the only place that holds God’s letters to mankind. Take a look at these powerful verses throughout the Gospels of Matthew and Mark:
- “News about him spread as far as Syria, and people soon began bringing to him all who were sick. And whatever their sickness or disease, or if they were demon possessed or epileptic or paralyzed—he healed them all. (Matthew 4:24).
- “That evening many demon-possessed people were brought to Jesus. He cast out the evil spirits with a simple command, and he healed all the sick. This fulfilled the word of the Lord through the prophet Isaiah, who said, ‘He took our sicknesses and removed our diseases.’” (Matthew 8:16-17).
- “A vast crowd brought to him people who were lame, blind, crippled, those who couldn’t speak, and many others. They laid them before Jesus, and he healed them all.” (Matthew 15:30).
- “And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple; and he healed them” (Matthew 21:14).
- “As the sun went down that evening, people throughout the village brought sick family members to Jesus. No matter what their diseases were, the touch of his hand healed every one.” (Luke 4:40).
- “He saw a woman who had been crippled by an evil spirit. She had been bent double for eighteen years and was unable to stand up straight. 12 When Jesus saw her, he called her over and said, “Dear woman, you are healed of your sickness!” Then he touched her, and instantly she could stand straight. How she praised God!” (Luke 13:11-13).
- “There was a man there whose arms and legs were swollen…Jesus touched the sick man and healed him and sent him away.” (Luke 14:2-4).
These are only a few of the examples of Jesus’ healing power. Throughout His ministry, Jesus healed many different people with many different illnesses. In fact, there was only one time when the Bible said Jesus couldn’t heal the sick.
Jesus was in His hometown of Nazareth, and the Bible explains Jesus’ inability to heal everyone this way: “And because of their unbelief, he couldn’t do any miracles among them except to place his hands on a few sick people and heal them. And he was amazed at their unbelief.” (Mark 6:5-6).
Notice this passage doesn’t say Jesus refused to do miracles. No, it says He was unable to do miracles. In fact, despite their unbelief, He still tried.
When it comes to the question of whether or not Jesus will heal you, the Bible makes it clear: The choice is yours. Will you let your doubt and unbelief keep you from complete healing and wholeness, or will you be like the people who followed Jesus, pressed into Him and sought Him out wherever He went?
Hopefully, you’ll choose the latter and press into Him and His Word for a bountiful and healthy life!
As always, if you need a partner to agree with you in prayer, please call our prayer ministers at 0860 10 33 56 or submit a prayer request. Any day of the year, we’re here for you!