Family visits during the holidays can be a stressful time. As you prepare for an upcoming visit by buying groceries or gifts, cleaning or packing and planning your schedule, take time to prepare your heart and mind by focusing on God’s Word. Here are five scriptures on which you can meditate to help you keep your peace, enjoy your time and bless those you love.
- Proverbs 3:6: Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
- Matthew 5:9: God blesses those who work for peace, for they will be called the children of God.
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7: Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
- Philippians 4:7: Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
- Isaiah 26:3: You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!
As you prepare to welcome your family during this holiday season, begin reading, thinking about and praying these scriptures over your time together. If you haven’t yet, read the article, 4 Tips for Keeping Your Cool When Family Visits
and trust that the Holy Spirit will comfort and guide you, and help you have a successful holiday season!